Jaipur: The pink city with lots of history
Jaipur is the capital city of western Indian state of Rajasthan. The city is one of the beautiful and planned cities in India, with immense historical importance. It is founded by Sawai Jaisingh II in 1727AD, since then the city had witnessed many political ups and downs till the British rule in India, which could be traced in every nook and corner of this gorgeous city. Three forts on the hills and a series of majestic places are the main attractions of this city. Jaipur is also called the pink city due to all pink color of the historical buildings scattered all over the city.
General Information about Jaipur
• Weather: Dry hot weather mostly prevails in Jaipur. In summer, the temperature may rise as high as 45 degrees Centigrade. Temperature remains high from the middle of March until September. The place doesn’t get much rain, and the average rainfall of Jaipur is 250mm only. Winter is mostly dry here when the temperature may decrease to 15 degrees Centigrade.
• Reaching Jaipur: Air travel is the most convenient and comfortable way to reach Jaipur. Jaipur airport is situated at Sanganer, a place just 12Km away from the main city. The airport is connected with Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, and many other Indian cities through several air services, like Indigo, GoAir, Jet Airways, etc.
Several train services are also available from the most famous Indian cities to Jaipur. Very convenient and air-conditioned Shatabdi Express is commuting to and from Jaipur to Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Haridwar, Ludhiana, Pathankot, etc.
Several buses are also commuting to and from Jaipur. Many travelers prefer to reach in Jaipur from Delhi by road. It takes just 7-8 hours to reach in this city from Delhi by bus.
• Staying in Jaipur: Jaipur is a tourist friendly city. In fact, it is an international tourist spot. Thousands of tourists from the USA and Europe come in Jaipur every year. Naturally, there is no dearth of nice hotels in this city. Right from Luxurious hotels, like Umaid Bhawan to budget hotels, like Jaipur Inn and Arya Niwas, are available aplenty in the pink city.
Places to visit in Jaipur
Scores of places are there for sightseeing all around this historic city in India. Some of the best sightseeing in Jaipur are as follows:
• Hawa Mahal: Established by Sawai Pratap Singh II in 1799. This five-storied palace is made of pink sandstone.
• Amber Palace: Located 11Km away from the heart of the city it is a pure depiction of Rajput and Mughal architecture.
• City Palace: It is another marvel in the pink city having dozens of Rajput and Mughal architectural splendors.
• Jantar Mantar: It was also built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh II. It is a beautiful astronomical observatory made of fourteen geometrical structures.
• Nahargarh Fort: It is a fort established in 1734 by Maharaja Jai Singh on the crest of Aravalli mountain range.
Besides, there are numerous other places to visit, like Albert hall museum, Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Vidyadhar garden, etc. One needs sufficient time to visit all popular places in Jaipur. It is an amazing city with wonderful people and strong city administration.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: